Sweet Potato Toast with Black Bean Spread & Avocado
Yield: 2-4 servings
2 sweet potatoes
1½ cups cooked black beans (15-ounce can drained)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
1–2 tablespoons lime juice
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
¼ cup diced cilantro (optional)
1. Turn on the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Carefully slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise into flat, thin slabs between ¼ and ½ inch thick. Lay the sweet potato slabs out on single layer on the parchment paper.
3. Bake the sweet potato for 20 minutes, flipping half-way through. Then turn the heat up to 425°F. Let the potato toast for another 5 to 10 minutes (or longer, depending how crispy you want your toast).
4. Add the black beans, smoked paprika, and lime juice to a small blender. Spread the blended black bean mixture over the sweet potato toast.
5. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and/or cilantro.