No-Churn Pistachio Ice Cream
This Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream recipe is a homemade take on an underrated but delicious flavor with a favorite green fruit as the creamy coconut-free base!
2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used Almond Milk(would love to try Oat milk for its’ creaminess))
1 large avocado
1 cup unsalted pistachios, shells removed
1 cup Medjool dates (I used Medjool dates)
Sweetener. You have two options here, each with pros and cons…
Option 1: maple syrup. Easy, sweet, won’t mess up the pretty green color. But won’t aid at all in the no-churn texture/scoop-ability department.
Option 2: Medjool dates. Fruity, sweet, make the whole mixture a little thicker and creamier. But green + brown does not make for the most attractive color.
Optional: 1/2 tsp almond extract
Optional: 1/4 tsp spirulina for color (I used Matcha tea as a substitute)
1. Combine the milk, avocado, pistachios, Medjool dates, and almond extract in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Add the spirulina (Matcha tea) slowly to achieve a pretty green color, tasting as you go and being careful not to add too much or it will taste salty and ocean-y.
3. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, top with chopped pistachios, and freeze overnight.
4. Remove from the freezer and let thaw for 10-15 minutes or until soft enough to scoop. Or if you want it SUPER creamy, break into chunks and re-blend until smooth.
5. Scoop into bowls or cones. Enjoy!